Monday 29 August 2011

COOKIES!!!

Today, In my late August boredom, I decided to make cookies. I commenced my mini adventure by cycling up to No Frills for some brown sugar, and chocolate chips. YOU CAN'T HAVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITHOUT CHOCOLATE CHIPS!! Then, upon returning, I ran to my best friend, Mr. record player, and put on the record that I just purchased: Paul McCartney and Wings- Band on the Run. Good record. After that, I immediately consulted my handy dandy JOY OF COOKING and asked it to give me a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It did just that, and now I will show you how I made them.
(This is a really crappy picture)

First, I preheated the oven to 375ºF. 
Then, I Whisked together: 
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda


Then, I used my beater, and beated me some sugar, and butter. MMMMM.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter, softened. *I used salted because it's better.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
(cream them together till fluffy)
*this is where you are allowed to snack, because once we add the eggs, there's salmonella swimming everywhere in that bowl.*
(again, crappy picture)

Then I added some egg, and vanilla, and a bit of salt. 
(I really should have omitted the salt because I used salted butter, but whatevs)
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

(This picture turned out red. Heheh THE COOKIES FROM HELL!!!)

Then I added my flour mix from before to this buttery mix, and CREATED A MONSTER!!!
I beated them up too. :)


THEN
I added to chocolate chips:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


And poured a little bowl for myself. :)

I decided next that I would have to grease the pan. (although the cookies still stuck, so pile on that butter)
(grease 2 cookie sheets)

Then I dropped tablespoonfuls of dough onto the greased sheet. *put less dough per ball than I did here, unless you want mutant conjoined cookies*
Then place them in the oven for:
  8-10 minutes
Waiting...
THE BUZZER SOUNDS!!
Then I took my cookies out, and let them dry... I mean cool.. :P
FINITO!!
YUMMY YUMMMMMMY!

All Gone. P:

Here's my cookie soundtrack.

Enjoy!




-Augusta

3 comments:

  1. Let them dry?! eye spy with my little eye, some kathy winkle...
    yum yum! looks like good cookies :D
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Our mothers are Kathy Winkle maniacs! But mainly your mother. Kind of like Claire's Sting obsession, but not really. :P They were a bit crumbly, but still good!!

    ReplyDelete