Sunday 21 August 2011

BICYCLE!

   Bikes have been infesting my brain as of late (pffft what a strange occurrence). Last night I went for a road ride with my dad. I took my mum's bike, which is a nice change to my current single-speed Norco commuter. 
   But this is about to change. For my 16th birthday my parents have decided to get me a (second hand- but like new) single speed. But that's not all. Aside from being a gorgeous bike, it is also affixed with a flip-flop hub, which allows me to channel my inner hipster, and ride it as a fixie whenever I feel like it! 
So while anticipating the arrival of my new velo, I've been reading 1984 by George Orwell. Just getting in the mood for a new school year, giving my vocabulary a chance to rejuvenate. Grade 11 in 17 days!

Thinking of back to school, I was checking out the klean kanteen website.. I know, I know, corporate advertising, but I've had my kanteen for at least 3 years, and albeit the paint chips and dents from my abuse, and it has served me well. Quality is something to commend. Anyways, my water bottle has a plastic lid, and being the plastic snob that I am, I was pleased to see that they had introduced a lid that has a stainless steel base, meaning that my H2O doesn't ever have to touch plastic. I know that seems a tad pretentious, but it kind of defeats the purpose if one's lid is leaching gunk into the water...  

Well, the sun's come out, I'm goin' outside. :)
-Augusta



2 comments:

  1. ooh, EPIC BIKE! I really like the looks of your blog, and the picture of you with a carrot in your mouth... :) we should hang out soon!
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete