Wednesday 12 October 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ART CLOKEY!

So today searching up on google, I came across the google doodle thingy for today. It's Gumby.
Hell yeah.
Okay, so I'll give you the unnecessary play-by-play.

So I clicked on the icon.
Being the naturally curious human being that you know I am.... I looked at the Wikipedia page.
Apparently it's Art Clokey's 90th birthday.
He's the creator of Gumby. The epic 70s claymation show(Well technically it started in the fifties, and ran till '89).

I also found out that he's the creator of other claymation films such as Gumbasia, which was the inspiration for Gumby. Gumbasia is pretty sweet. Especially since it's from 1955, and pretty much paves the way for all other aspiring claymators (is that the right word?). Here, take a peek.


I love the music. 

Anyways, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment